Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I have been living in Florida for a year and still getting use to it. I have been told by native Floridian's you are not a transplant until you have lived in Florida for five years. I have a way to go...

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy New Year!!

It has been so long since I last posted. Time flies when you are working 10 - 12 hours a day or more. Then of course you have the Christmas knitting which I must say did get finished and sent out in time for Christmas. My socks however were finished on New Years day. Oh well they will be great for next year.

I have been purchasing yarn, of course adding to my stash. My sister was an enabler of this as she gave me a gift certificate from Loopy Ewe and knitting needles from Lantern Moon. What a wonderful gift. Over Christmas my boyfriend decided he would like handmade socks as I don't knit for him. So he says. So I purchased sock yarn that I thought he would like, shades of brown, he tells me it is ok he will wear them but they are boring. So I had him look at Lisa Souza's site and pick out yarn he would like. Needless to say his attention span was very short. This is the yarn for his socks...
I had purchased the heavier Socks That Rock yarn from Blue Moon but he said he would like the lighter weight yarn so the Lisa Souza Pacific colorway which he chose. Who knew it would be so difficult to pick out colors. He is in cold, snowy weather for awhile so I thought the heavier yarn would keep his feet warmer. Silly me!

My Lisa Souza Violet's Pink Ribbon yarn came. Yeah!!!!! It is so beautiful. I thought it would be great for a lacy pattern, now to find one. I had hoped to use Nancy Bush's pattern Fancy Silk Sock but couldn't get the cuff to work out. When I tried it I was using a dark colorway so maybe using a light color will help. I need to decide what pattern to use as I have joined the knit along using the yarn.

I also joined the Sockintine Sock Swap. I can't wait to see what my sock pal knit. While reading the message board I found out she is from the United Kingdom how cool is that. For my pal I am using Lisa Souza Yarn colorway South Pacific. It is beautiful and the pattern I am using is also Lisa Souza called Petal Lace Socks. I have all ready turned the heel on the first sock. The person I am knitting for is in Iowa and so the wool socks will work out great. The pattern knit up reminds me of the Pacific Ocean waves hitting the shore in Santa Barbara, California and the colors of the scenery driving Ventura Highway between Ventura and Santa Barbara. The mountains on one side and the ocean on the other, the fragrance of the ocean coming in through the open window. Oh I digress sorry.

Christmas was wonderful! We traveled to Savannah, GA to visit my son and his family. It was wonderful to spend the weekend with them. Patrick has grown so much. They are such good parents and Patrick is happy. He did get so much for Christmas in the end he didn't want to open anymore gifts. They had their house decorated for Christmas and it was nice to see all the decorations and festivities. The outside was also well decorated. They gave me a beautiful necklace, a circle of love with sapphires, which is Patrick's birthstone.






1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Pretty yarn! Lisa Souza Pacific colorway is one of the things on my wish list for after I get my stash knit down a little bit.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home