Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I have been living in Florida for a year and still getting use to it. I have been told by native Floridian's you are not a transplant until you have lived in Florida for five years. I have a way to go...

Saturday, November 11, 2006

My First Socks!!


Yeah I did it!!!! I frogged these socks several times but they made it off the needles and they fit. That is the true test. It is still to warm in Florida to wear them all day but I will wear them around the house and in the evening. I can't wait to start another pair. I do have enough stash to make more of course. I must stay off the Lime and Violet message board as I am buying way to much sock yarn. I must say the hand dyed color ways are beautiful though. I must say thank you to those on the message board who gave encouragement and help with making the socks larger. The next pair I am going to try without increasing stitches as they are slightly large but not bad. The pattern I used was great for a first sock as it had enough lace to keep it interesting but easy enough for a first sock.

I have wound in a ball the Lisa Souza Berry Poppins sock yarn so I will use that next. I am waiting for my swift and ball winder to come that I ordered earlier during the week. My stash of skeins is growing, I swear they multiple in the closet when the door is closed. It will be nice not to use the back of the chair or my knees (which is greatly uncomfortable) to hold the skein of yarn to wind in a ball. That is not including Remington who wants to steal the yarn while you are tring to wind thus making a terrible mess.

More yarn was found in my mailbox (go figure, don't know how that happened) and it was from the Loopy Ewe in the Daffodil colorway, very pretty. Yesterday I found a skein of Pink is the New Yarn from Yarntini, love the color. I find that I like the fingering weight yarn, my socks were knit on size 1 dpn's. I did order some medium weight from Briar Rose and will make them but the weight is too heavy for Florida. Someone in the family up north may get a pair of socks when I knit those. I am still looking for patterns for the heavier weight yarn. That is a question for the message board...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Love your l&v socks, saw them on the kal blog and had to go get the pattern. My yarn should be arriving soon!

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home