Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I have been living in Florida for a year and still getting use to it. I have been told by native Floridian's you are not a transplant until you have lived in Florida for five years. I have a way to go...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

My yarn!


Remington decided that my Lisa Souza Lime & Violet yarn was his toy. I had just finished winding the yarn, by hand of course, put it in the basket and he stole it. I saw him running across the livingroom with this big ball of yarn in his mouth. It was funny even though all I could say was "MY YARN! DROP IT!" for those of you living with cats know a request like this goes unheeded. He continued to play with the yarn and made quite a mess of it. I did have to get the camera though. It took me an hour to get the yarn untangled today, kind of like untangling necklaces. He was quite proud of his endeavor.

I have been working on a lace scarf, don't know who will be the lucky receipent for Christmas. Living in Florida I don't need a mohair scarf. But I had bought the yarn to add to a scarf I made for mom but didn't like the two yarns together so the mohair was the loser. Seeing I now had this lavender kid mohair I had to do something with it. The lace pattern doesn't show as well with mohair but I do not like to do just garter stitch or stockinette stitch. I am sure it will show up better once it is blocked. It takes three skeins of yarn and I have finished 1.5 skeins so far. So we shall see how much longer it takes, I really want to work on socks.

This is the best picture I can get of my embroidery piece, of course Remington had to get in the way. I had it put under glass and I am getting the mirror effect. So the next piece I do I will block it take a picture then have it framed. Max and Cleo were sleeping somewhere in the house. I can't wait to see my sister's face when she opens the gift. She is having a very small wedding, just family, and is wearing a beautiful purple suit and her fiance is wearing a gray suit with a lavender shirt. So the purple mat will be a nice reminder of her wedding colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home