Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I have been living in Florida for a year and still getting use to it. I have been told by native Floridian's you are not a transplant until you have lived in Florida for five years. I have a way to go...

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Training Sock


Well, I finally did it. I completed the training sock in knitty.com. I ended up doing two of them and the second one actually looked better. I was more comfortable working on the heel the second time around. I didn't want an entire skein of worsted yarn so I purchased Lily's Sugar 'n Cream yarn. This was inexpensive and I figured the rest of the yarn can be used for dishcloths. The directions in the article are great, easy to understand. Now onto the real thing! A little scary actually using sock yarn and size one needles. I did do a swatch as that is the way I am.

I have decided to use the pattern Apple Harvest by Northern Sunshine Designs this looks like a nice pattern to begin with as the lace area is small. I casted on the cuff three times, I thought I was going to scream. I would knit two to three rounds and find I had a hole from a dropped stitch or it didn't look right. The cuff is a k1, p2 pattern I know it is not a difficult repeat and have done this in the past but I got all discombobulated doing it on four needles. I tried twice and decided the heck with it, the third time I casted all the stitches onto one needle then divided them onto three needles figuring I could divide onto the fourth needle later. Then went to the easy k1, p1 pattern. Had to get use to the smaller needles, I don't mind the other needles hanging out. I am using the dpn's from Knit Picks they are great, I do have to watch that I don't split the yarn. I have gotten 6 rounds completed of the cuff by using k1, p1 so that is what I am going with for this first pair of socks. I do have to keep Remington away from the yarn though. The ball of yarn was sitting next to me, I turned my head and next thing I know he has the ball in his mouth going across the living room floor. It will be a challenge not only the socks but keeping the yarn intact and away from Remington.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

The "training" sock is way too cute! Be sure to post pictures of your LnV sock as it progresses! I can't wait to see finished projects with that yarn.

If you're looking for some dishcloth patterns to use up the rest of your cotton --- check out http://dishclothfunkal.blogspot.com

The latest pattern is a "secret" pattern --- but scroll through the previous KAL patterns --- the garterlac pattern was pretty fun.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home